Friday, May 05, 2006

Because the P.C. Police are watching I have to say John Rocker was an asshole

PSYCHE!!! There are no PC Police!!!!uhh... at least not yet. Our right to free speech is being attacked every day, but I digress. I am a Mets fan that bleeds blue and orange. I hated Rocker when he pitched for the Braves because he was so good. When all this stuff about him came out about who he wouldn't sit on the train with, ya know, he has a right to say that. Everyone has the right to free speech. He could have said Hitler was right and agreed with everything he did. I would vehemently disagree with him and tell him how harmful that speech would be, but as John Henry said 200 plus years ago, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." This is America. Free speech makes people look at what they do and ask themselves if it's right. What if Rocker's views of racism were "right" and the gov't wouldn't allow you to disagree?

No comments: