Friday, October 24, 2008

My furnace won't start

Ok, here's the deal. My oil furnace won't start. Can't get it started. I got it started. Ran out of oil, fuel, feul. I tried to start it, bleeding the air out. Something didn't seem right. I wasn't getting any oil coming out at the furnace. I went to the tank and the bowl was not filling up. Turns out, my valve was bad. Took the old valve off and very little is dripping out of the hole in the bottom of the tank! SLUDGE!!!! I had the new valve in hand and put a pliers handle into the hole to poke the sludge and HELLO!!!! Here comes the fuel. Screwed that sucker in and now I have heat. Do not underestimate the power of sludge to screw your life up!!!

I tried to upload the picture of the dad from a christmas story, but I don't know how. SADA BINGA!!!!

No comments: