Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Barry Bonds is a scumbag asshole.

I am an avid baseball fan. I think it's the greatest sport ever invented. I have tremendous respect for all the great players in any sport, even for the "s" word (I guess. I mean there's gotta be somebody who deserves credit for playing that sport. Oh yeah, Pele!). I had always respected Barry Bonds and admired his skills and play with the Pirates. I always thought he was one the best players in the game if not the best, pre-steroids. At that point, I thought, he was a sure Hall of Famer.
Fast forward to the present. I am ashamed of how he has disgraced baseball with his cheating. "Racist!!!" you are saying! I know you are. I watched Mark McGwire when he was "breaking" Maris's record and thought, "this is not right, something is goofy here" I did not recognise, nor do I still, Mark McGwire's "record" of 70 homers. In my mind, actually, Babe Ruth should actually hold the record for the 156 game season and Maris should hold the modern record for a 162 game season. I always thought that when McGwire retired, he did so because he felt so guilty about breaking Aaron's record, which he would have done. I thought Bonds would do the same but he is a scumbag.

No comments: