Friday, May 05, 2006

Best Damn had the best blowups. Best blowups are the best guys

The biggest blowup show has players who blew up at the media or in a game. Players don't blow up unless they are passionate about what they do. Let me qualify that. Some have a short fuse and have to overreact (Ron Artest) which means they have "issues", which is understandable, many athletes have issues, but if so, one needs to deal with them. Coaches that are included are among the greats. The whole point is, if you don't care, you don't blow up. Knight, Pinella, Levy (he got them there four years in a row.Who has done that? 3 of the 4 they were underdogs, I think? Give him some love. He deserves it. This is from a Jets fan)

I love the Bobby Knight quote where he says something to the effect of: "I want to be buried upside down so that all of my critics can kiss my ass!" Knight doesn't care what people think, he does what he believes is best. Sometimes he misses his mark, but you must respect his drive to do what's right.

Hal MacRae was #1. Ranting about something his players did and the questions about it. I think he won a batting title with the Royals and I liked him as a player, but I love that he is passionate about the way his players play.

No comments: