Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just because it's on a calendar doesn't make it factual

I made a comment to my ubersmart daughter that "March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion". She goes on to tell me that I'm wrong and that it's "in like a lion and out like a lamb", which apparently would make sense, as the in part is closer to winter (lion like...stay with me here) and the out (closer to spring.....April........you know), but if that were the saying, then why would it be a saying? Aren't sayings supposed to teach us something that may not be obvious? So she says, "Dad, it's on the calendar like that!" So I says, "That's because some lazy retard put in on there!" Of course, she couldn't believe THAT!! She needs to learn that just because it's in print, doesn't make it gospel!!
Go ahead, do a Google search and type in each way. In like a lamb has like 500 times more pages. Another one that bugs me is people saying, "He was calm, cool and collective." "Collective"? Like he was collecting cans or coins or something? The term is "calm, cool and collected" as it in "all together". Another one: "On tract". Well, Bill, it looks like Jeter is finally "on tract". DICKHEAD!, it's "on track"!!! As in being on the path you want to be on, a reference to a train...........DUH!!

No comments: