Monday, September 22, 2008

You can't blame Jon Niese.

This poor guy comes into a game where he has to be the savior for this team which is so scared of not losing and so tight. Some of the stupid Met fans are blaming him for this loss. The Mets were a boat with many holes (count how many guys in the bullpen who suck and that is the number of holes, however, Aaron Heilmann has the BIGGEST hole (even though I really feel sorry for him because he is a nice guy who is not arrogant and fully knows how much he is sucking. He is the Doug Zisk of our day).

It is time for the violinests to play "Nearer my God to Thee", because Leonardo Decaprio is drowning and we as Mets fans must accept the inevitable truth that this team is "dead in the water", much like the Titanic.

I know, the pain of last yr. is so real. This yr. is less painful because at least the chokers (Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, Wright) have a legitimate gripe. The bullpen is WAY worse than last yr.

It's tough when the hitters step up and know that even if they are leading by 4 runs, it's not safe. It is hard to be a Mets fan. But I wore my hat when they lost 103 games because I love my team and stick by them. I "Gotta Believe"!, as Tug said, but it's hard when the players don't, or don't have the talent (uh....bullpen).

No comments: